What is this thing called The Marketing Bit?
Conversation at a local Chamber meeting.
Question: And what do you do, Sheila?
My reply: I’m a marketer.
Response: Ohhhhh, you do the marketing bit.
Yes, I do the “marketing bit”. More accurately, with this site, I attempt to feed the open minds of retailers, independent agents, solo-prenuers and all types of small business owners about HOW they can do their own marketing bit.
Let’s dispel some marketing myths.
- Marketing works when you work at marketing. Tossing an ad out into a newspaper once or twice a year, is NOT marketing. That is wasting you money.
- Ignoring marketing won’t make the need go away. Every business needs marketing, if only to survive.
- Marketing is not sales. Marketing are all of the steps that create warm leads leading up to the sale.
- Marketing doesn’t have to be confusing. If you can follow a recipe, you can market.
- There is nothing to fear about marketing. Not when you realize the essence of marketing is an ongoing process of informing a group of people of what you have to offer and why your products, services are of benefit to them. That is it.
So, who am I?
Think of me as your Marketing Guide who lives in the beautiful, green NW. My personal joy is to see the light bulbs go off when a small business person understands they really can do this thing called marketing. I’m a seasoned marketer with over 30 years under her belt who has worked for large advertising agencies servicing the needs for Fortune 500 companies, ran her own small marketing business, been a key player in global strategic planning and have served as Director of Marketing and Communications for several small global businesses.
I grew-up in the offline marketing world and have spent the last 7 years learning and applying what I’ve learned about online marketing. I’ve made mistakes and I’ve hit some home runs. I’m open to sharing it all with you. I won’t suggest anything I haven’t tried myself or for other clients. But I will drive you to take action.
I believe you’ll find my knowledge and information helpful in your efforts. If you every have the urge, feel free to ask me questions about your marketing efforts. I am happy to help in whatever way I can.
Sheila , your marketing guide
P.S. While you’re here, join other Marketing Action takers and sign-up for the hype-free weekly updates and juicy informational gems that will keep you up-to-date on what matters. Fill-in the form below to get your weekly updates.