“My Customers Don’t Use Social Media”
I hear this all the time from the small local area retail owner.
The following infographic by Customer Magnetism should erase all doubts, if any still exist, concerning social media’s influence in business and on retail sales. Here are just a few highlights from the data below.
- Currently about 1/3rd (one-third) of the world’s population is online. That is the equivalent to 2.87 Billion people.
- Google remains the search leader and continues to report 20% of the searches a day use totally new search terms.
- More and more U.S. companies are taking social media seriously as its influence on purchasing behavior continues to grow.
- 2010 online sales are recorded as $150 Billion and are expected to grow 10% every year for the next five years.
- By 2014, it is estimated that over half (53%) of all U.S. retail sales will be online, or a total of $249 Billion, per the National Retail Federation.
These are some pretty impressive stats supporting the influence of social media on retail sales- not just in the U.S., but globally.
Regardless of the size of your retail business, you need to get engaged with some form of social media to have a fighting chance of getting your share of the online retail sales.
The question for your retail business is no longer “if” social media. It is “when”.
If you found this post interesting, join our list of readers and feel free to pass this along.
Created by Customer Magnetism, an award winning Internet marketing agency.