Social Media Never Stops – Not Even On Vacation [Infographic]
Vacationing with Social Media [Infographic]
August is one of those months where a lot of people carve out time to go on vacation.
Get away from it all.
Rejuvenate the mind and body.
Lay under an umbrella and just let the mind wander.
It’s just before school starts and warm enough – or as is the case this year, hot enough – to get some fun in the sun.
I came across this infographic by MDG Advertising that illustrates just how integrated social media and mobile phone technology have become in our everyday lives, including a vacations. People use social media to plan vacations, post photos and slices of their vacations and talking about how great their vacation was once they return.
Here are few of the highlights:
- Over half (52%) use social media to find their next vacation spot.
- Twenty-nine (29%) visit Facebook for travel planning while another 14% are inspired by TripAdvisor‘s vacation planning tools.
- Mobile phones are transformed into virtual travel agents with one out of four using their mobile phones for airfare price comparisons, checking flight schedules, getting phone numbers for travel sources and researching airports.
- Once booked, over half announce the trip to their Facebook friends (probably not a good idea).
But it doesn’t end there.
- Three out of four check into their social sites and use their mobile phones during their vacations.
- Online social media contact is never broken for almost seven out of ten vacationers (69%).
- Almost half use their mobile phones for photos, wake-ups, RSVPs, check out online reviews and aid in language translations.
Now, if we could just figure out a way to take a break from social media and our mobile phones.
That would be a real vacation.
If you found this post interesting, join our list of readers and feel free to share this post with others.
Infographic by MDG Advertising
No comments yet.
No trackbacks yet.
about 13 hours ago - No comments
if you’re still a touch confused about social media, let a Chicago Dog set you straight. You’ll also find yourself wanting one – so exercise caution.
about 1 day ago - No comments
Infographic of major online marketing trends that will drive 2014. Included is food for thought as to how to incorporate these trends into your 2014 marketing plans.
about 1 week ago - No comments
These online marketing tools are my workhorses that I use everyday and for which I am very grateful. Which tools help you with your online marketing? Share.
about 2 weeks ago - No comments
Why is social proof so important and 11 ways you can develop the social proof you need to successfully marketing your business.
about 4 weeks ago - No comments
If you want to cut the time you spend on Social Media, then you’ll want to check out this post and infographic on how you can do it in 30 minutes or less a day.
about 1 month ago - No comments
Google+ can feel like just another social media pretty face, but, thanks to Google, it is becoming a powerful driver of search. Find out how.
about 1 month ago - No comments
5 tips on how to avoid social media and internet marketing razzle dazzlers trying to sell you things you don’t need and that won’t help your online efforts.
about 3 months ago - 2 comments
Do you wonder if you’re using the “right” words to generate engagement in your social media efforts? These 7 word tips may help. Find out what they are.
about 3 months ago - No comments
Research shows that social media can deliver strong positive results to those businesses willing to invest the time. Take a look at what you may be missing.