Why doesn’t my web site work?
Many business owners paid hundreds, some thousands of dollars to get a web site for their small business only to discover that it didn’t or doesn’t work. Why< not?
There are many reasons why your web site isn’t working, but let’s just focus on the big ones.
Six Major Reasons
1. You assumed that if you created a web site, that would be the end of it. Wrong! As with all things in marketing, feeding and maintenance is necessary. The creation of a web site is just the beginning. Result? Rather than presenting enticements for would-be customers, most small business web sites simply sit in cyber-land like boring lumps on a log.
2. You didn’t do your due diligence. Most likely, you hired the first yahoo who knocked on your door offering to create a web site for your business. He/she may or may not have understood the value of linking your business to the most searched Google keywords in your industry. Instead they used terms thought were good or used in your advertising and never considered what terms would-be customers might use. Result? Your web site had/has no pulling power.
3. You ignored and continue to ignore the introduction of blogs. Search engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo, have developed a love affair with dynamic, up-to-the-minute blogs along with all sorts of social media. Blogs present fresh and informative information to readers. Result? Your out-of-date and static web site has become even more passé and ineffective.
4. You ignored and continue to ignore YouTube. YouTube is considered the third largest search engine, behind Google and Facebook. Many owners of small business could use this tool to impart valuable and instructional information to would-be customers. Yet few do. Result? Another great opportunity ignored.
5. You ignored and continue to ignore the FREE business listings offered by the search engines. Google, Bing and Yahoo offer any business owner the opportunity to increase the possibility of being found through FREE online business listings. Google Places even offers businesses the possibility of creating coupon offers, the ability to post videos, photos, and informational posts. Yet, less than 1% of the businesses in the U.S. had bothered to take advantage of this FREE media offered by Google Places. Result? Instead of taking advantage of FREE media tools, many small businesses continue to waste precious dollars in ineffective media like Yellow Page listings, local newspapers or radio, where users, readers and listeners continue to decline.
6. You ignored and continue to ignore social media. My Space, Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin have dramatically shifted the world of the Internet. So much so, that without these social media tools, you are placing your business at a serious disadvantage. Result? Rather than creating an online community for your business, you allow your competitors to capitalize on the low-hanging fruit.
So why are you ignoring FREE online business listings and other online opportunities?
Why do you, the owner of a small business that needs all of the business could possibly generate, continue to ignore the importance of Google keywords, blogs, YouTube, free online business listings and the importance of social media, many of which are FREE? The excuse I hear the most often is “I just don’t have the time”.
I don’t believe it is a question of time. You may not think you have the time, but once your onlinecommunications network is created, it will only take a matter of a few minutes a day to keep it up-to-snuff. Certainly, you can spend more time, but it is not necessary to keep your community active.
Rather, I think the real reason small business ignores creating an online community is that you don’t know HOW to capitalize on these opportunities. You don’t know how to blog or use social media techniques or create YouTube videos to create an online community for your small business. You think it is hard. You think it is difficult.
Well, the online world isn’t hard or difficult. All you need is a little guidance.
If you’re interested in learning how to capitalize on any of these online opportunities to grow your small business, many of which are FREE, then continue reading our blog. We are going to guide you through the process over the next couple of weeks. Our intent is to show you just how easy it is. Stay tuned.