Is online marketing frustrating for you?
- You have a deep sense of overwhelm smothered with a big dose of frustration when it comes to your online marketing efforts.
- You often find yourself wondering: “Why bother with this online marketing”?
- You feel inferior to your competitors in their abilities to attract social media likes, friends, followers, connections.
- You’ve tried to make a concerted effort to market your business online, but it is just too much work and it gets in the way of running your business. You’ve given up.
If any of the above describes you, I may know why. I think there are three basic factors that serve to perplex business owners when it comes to online marketing and social media.
1. Too much from which to choose
There are sooooo many social media platforms, online marketing vehicles and tools from which to choose. It is staggering. New ones are introduced every day.
Many research studies have shown that when people are presented with too many options, they become paralyzed. They do nothing.
2. No goals or objectives
Many business owners hear they should be online, but few truly understand what they’re trying to accomplish.
You are NOT trying to collect a ton of Facebook Likes or LinkedIn connections.
That is NOT online marketing.
That IS social media vanity that does little for your bottom line.
So why do you want to be online?
Your primary goal should be to reach your targeted customers and prospects.
And, yes, they are online.
Another goal is to capture their email addresses so you can continue the conversation one-to-one. Email marketing is the one tool you own and control and represents a tangible business asset that can turn your bottom line black when used properly.
Through email you continue to talk, influence, persuade, impress, promote and ultimately sell them on your products and services.
There is the added benefit that email remains far more effective than social media in sales conversion.
3. No System
Perhaps the biggest reason I believe you and many other business owners are not successful online is you don’t have a system – a series of simple and specific steps you do with consistency.
Instead you wander from one social media platform to the next thinking you will hit the mother lode sooner or later, but it never happens.
Or you scatter your online marketing efforts everywhere, making an impact nowhere. Tweet This
So, let’s create a simplified process you can follow – one that targets your customers and easily fits into your busy work week while erasing some of that frustration.
We want a ‘core’ DIY system that will represent the meat and potatoes of your online marketing efforts. All other platforms, tools and efforts are gravy and – for the moment – can be ignored.
Go ahead and download the 3 DIY Online Marketing Systems.
DIY Online Marketing System Criteria
Each system was put together with the following criteria:
1. Website serves as primary hub of activity.
2. Use platforms that would deliver the biggest bang for the time investment.
3. Nothing too time intensive.
4. Help build email subscriber base.
5. Easy for a business owner to implement.
Select one system – not two or a hybrid of several. Select just one.
Then be CONSISTENT in your efforts. Follow the suggested frequency.
Don’t stop. Just keep doing it and you’ll generate the online success you desire.
You should go ahead and 3 DIY Online Marketing Systems. Let me know if these systems look doable for you and your business.