Could you be more successful in your social media marketing efforts?
Do you find yourself wondering if you have all of the pieces necessary to put together the social media puzzle?
If so, the following 7 steps may help you be more successful in your social media efforts.
7 Steps to Social Media Marketing Success
1. Start with a clear idea of what you want to accomplish. You have to have a goal guiding your efforts. What do you want to accomplish? Do you want to pull visitors to your web site or into your brick & mortar store?
Do you want to generate leads or strengthen your brand? Having a specific goal with specific milestones helps keep your social media marketing efforts focused.
2. Grow into your social media. Chewing off all of the social media platforms at once spells frustration. Pick one social media platform where your customers hang out. Learn how to use that one platform and be diligent in your usage. Once you have one under your belt, your can add other social media platforms.
3. Know your audience. Whenever you do a status update or send a tweet, have a clear mental picture of your audience. What do they want to hear? What juicy information do you have to share? Remember, it should be all about them 80% of the time and about you, 20% of the time.
4. Be consistent about providing your social media community with fresh content. You can’t be online all the time, but you can be engaged in social media marketing with some degree of planned frequency. Create a schedule as to which days of the week and the time of day you can commit to feeding your social media accounts and DO IT.
5. Keep your audience engaged. There are many ways to do this through photos, videos, Q&A, helpful tips. Perhaps the easiest way to engage is through sharing of industry or fan/follower information. Founder of Social Media Examiner, and author of Launch, Mike Stelzner writes,
“Every time you share a great link to some relevant content, you’re giving two gifts: one to your base and the other to the person or company that created the content.”
6. Monitor results. To achieve your goal, you need to track your progress. There are specific tracking tools and techniques for each of the social media platforms. If the actions you’re taking are moving you toward your goal, keep doing them. If not, move on to another approach that does help you achieve your goal.
7. Make buddies. Pay attention to who is engaged on your social media platforms. Weekly, select a few for a special call out. They’ll appreciate it and will probably reciprocate.
Try these seven easy steps for 60 days and see if they don’t make a difference in your social media marketing results. What do you have to lose?
- Social Media Marketing: Small Business Hype? (themarketingbit.com)